Showcase Your Work In A Virtual Reality Gallery
We'd love to hear from you!
Are you an artist creating work around environmental and climate themes?
We’re currently accepting submissions to exhibit in our virtual reality gallery as part of our Fall 2022 “Artivism” exhibition and speaker series. Below, you will see an overview of what we are looking for, as well as what we offer our artist exhibitors.
If you are interested to be part of this inaugural exhibition of Climate Gallery, please fill out an artist application on this page.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 19th
The artist application for the Winter showcase is now closed. Please check back soon for our next application period.
What We Look For
- Artists and creators in any medium (traditional arts, digital art, dance, music, fiber arts, etc.)
- Artists are encouraged (but not required) to create 3D model(s) and exhibit it on the virtual reality gallery.
- Artists creating work that engages with the topic of environmental action (or inaction)
- Artists with 2-10 pieces of artwork inspired by or engaging with environmental or climate action/causes.
- At least one previously unreleased piece
- Other pieces can be previously shown
- Artists that are interested in speaking to attendees about their work and relationship with activism as part of our speaker series.
- This conversation will casual, but also recorded unless a special request is made.
What We Offer Exhibitors
- An exhibitor/speaker honorarium
- A stipend of $1000, with the potential of increased amount based on our fundraising goals and results
- Access to our art producer to help arrange logistical needs
- Access to our VR design professional who will:
- Help develop your gallery space with your input
- Upload your artwork into the digital world
- A personal live VR gallery showing for 5 days in November 2022
- A permanent gallery space with your work as part of our gallery archive
For this first-ever exhibition open to the public in November 2022, we will feature the work of 4 artists (to be announced in late Summer 2022).
- Call for submissions: There will be an open call for artists to apply from May 25th – June 19th.
- Artist Selection: Led by our Artist Manager, Rina Ellingham, 4 artists will be selected to exhibit in the November exhibition.
- Custom VR Gallery Creation: The Artist Manager and our VR Designer will work with each artist to create a custom VR gallery space to display their work.
- Number of pieces: Depending on the medium (all artistic mediums, conventional or modern, will be considered), we ask that artists create 1 new or unique work for this showing in addition to previously shown works. In the example of a painter, we’d say 10 works would nicely fill the space, though in some cases a single work would also suffice.
- Exhibition Attendance: During the exhibition days, Artists will be asked to attend at least 2 days. The first day will be their “Artist Feature” day where we ask them to give a short talk on their process and experience in engaging with the theme of “climate artivism.” The second day will be the final closing day of the gallery.
- Honorarium: Currently we have allocated a $1,000 honorarium for exhibitors. This is in thanks for your work, your speaking, and your attendance. We hope to increase this amount as additional fundraising efforts are made.